If you’re looking for a part-time opportunity lasting from posting date to June, apply for this position by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and short letter as to why you’re looking to work with GeeklyInc.
GeeklyCon is a 500+ attendee convention in it’s 4th year, and we’re looking for talented people to help develop GeeklyCon’s sponsorship division. Not only will you get some great selling experience and a glowing letter for your next employment gig, you will earn commission on sales, and you will help shape GeeklyCon as it grows to national event status! We are looking for experienced salespeople to engage in prospecting and closing new sponsorship deals for both our GeeklyCon event, and GeeklyInc. This role will be remote, so access to a personal computer is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work from home, identify prospective local and national sponsors with a similar audience base
- Prospect and sell event sponsorship packages to identified businesses
- Develop relationships with major national corporations
- Develop a continuous pipeline of leads to generate new sponsors
- Coordinate with the GeeklyCon team regarding progress and continue a dialogue to keep all parties up-to-date, keep accurate documents of all leads and contacted parties
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience/Education in sales and/or marketing
- Effective time management skills while working remotely`
- Competitive and confident approach to communication, along with strong written skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with a quick turnaround time
- Enthusiasm and familiarity with GeeklyInc products are a big plus!
We do you get out of this?
- Commission-based pay, 10% of all personal sales
- Free tickets to GeeklyCon 2017 in St. Louis, MO
- Flexibility to make your own schedule to work around other commitments