1. Why St. Louis?
We had a number of cities in the running this year all across the eastern seaport and midwest. In the end, we're going with St. Louis for a myriad of reasons!
- Being central in the country is important to us to include people from all over the US.
- Flights to STL are inexpensive if driving isn't an option
- The hotel offered us the best room rate
- St. Louis has some neat and weird attractions like: The City Museum
- The hotel is centrally located next to hundreds of great restaurants and bars so we can walk to nearly everything!
2. When does GeeklyCon Start? What are the hours?
Registration will begin at noon on Thursday, July 20th, 2017. Game Room hours:
- Thursday: Noon - Midnight
- Friday: 10 AM - Midnight
- Saturday: 10 AM - Midnight
- Sunday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Besides the large game room(s), there will also be a smaller room available to us for panels and other fun stuff.
3. What is currently planned? Is all of this set in stone?
We still have a ton of work to do. The dates and location are set in stone, but some of the rest of the details are still being worked on. You can see the schedule on our web page here.
4. It's my first year, what can I expect at GeeklyCon?
Hold onto your butts, we've got a wild weekend for you! Or, not wild if you prefer to sit said butt on a chair and play boardgames for every waking moment! We have a ton of people who occupy the game room the whole time and take advantage of the giant game library and myriad of GMs waiting to tell you a story. We also have a ton of people looking to get out on the town, check out the sites and hit up bars. Whatever your con experience, you can be sure that you'll make new friends. The Geekly community is incredible, inclusive and welcoming. Everyone is there to make new lifelong friends and have a great time!
5. I'm looking for a hotel roommate or rideshare partner(s), where can I find out about this?
Head over to The Forums to check out the thread on ride shares and hotel shares! Or if you have a ticket already, you can check out the dedicated channels in Slack. Keep checking back for updates and post your own ad while you're at it!
5. I want to DM a game and/or join a game. How I do dis?
You can set up a game, or sign up to play in a game on the GeeklyCon calendar! Further planning is taking place in the GeeklyCon Slack.
6. I want to check out some cool stuff in the city of St. Louis, what do you recommend?
Check out the schedule page for a list of outings and things to do around the city!
7. Why should I get the Premium Ticket over the standard?
That swag! Previous Years Included: Flannel Shirt, Patches, Enamel Pins, Mini Louisville Slugger, Drink Koozies, Stickers, Dice Box, Flask, etc....
8. I'm new to the Geekly Community, how can I meet people before Geeklycon to increase my funtimes?
Hit up the Forums, on twitter @GeeklyInc, or in our Facebook Group to start connecting with fellow Geeklies! We also have private facebook groups for all the GeeklyCon Houses, and the GeeklyCon Slack is always hopping!
9. I have a great idea! How do I turn my idea into an official panel, event, or outing?
You waited too long! Panel, event, and outing submissions are now closed. Well, at least for inclusion as an officially event that shows up in the program. But you can still pitch your idea in the GeeklyCon Slack, and if there is interest you can plan stuff on your own. IT'S A FREE COUNTRY.
10. What is Slack?
Slack is an online productivity and chat program. We have one set up for GeeklyCon, and we will invite you once you have bought a ticket. If you download the app for your phone, we will be able to push important announcements to you during GeeklyCon itself. If you already have a ticket and need to be invited again, email us at email@example.com. We already have over 200 people in there, so if you want to make some friends before the con, download Slack and come hang out!
11. I'm trying to get sorted into a GeeklyCon House, and it does recognize my email.
First off, that isn't a question. Also, you need to wait to get the email inviting you to be sorted. We aren't some fancy corporation with websites that "work well", so we need to input each email manually. Feel free to email us if you haven't gotten an invite within 48 hours.
12. Is there a deadline for buying a ticket to GeeklyCon?
Sort of. You get a free tshirt and swag bag is you order your ticket before May 1st. Tickets will continue to be available (and the price will be the same), but you will just need get the cool stuff.
13. Does the premium ticket include the kickoff party?
The premium ticket does not include the kickoff party. You need to buy a separate ticket. The $20 for the kickoff party is all going directly to the caterer to buy food and drink. The extra money for premium tickets goes to buying extra swag. Since some people can't, or don't want to go to a booze-filled party, it didn't seem fair to include it with the premium tickets.