Masquerade Rules 2022
Animals and Pets
Service animals are allowed, otherwise please leave your furry friends at home!
Always wear your badge in a visible place!
For security purposes, full-face masks and full-face paint are not permitted. COVID-protection masks must still be worn as per our convention policy.
Please see below for the list of items not permitted on the premises of the Holiday inn Downtown Rochester:
- Functional and/or 3D printed firearms, weapons, and incendiary devices including:
- Blunt weapons including brass knuckles, clubs/bats, and nunchaku
- Firearms, including airsoft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns, pellet guns, etc.
- Fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
- Functional projectile weapons
- Hard prop weapons including props made of metal, fiberglass, and glass
- Knives, swords, and sharpened metal-bladed weapons of any size
- Mace, pepper spray, and mustard spray
- Replica firearms including reproduction, fake, or toy guns
- Products including:
- Aerosol cans such as hairspray, silly string, etc.
- Functional projectile toys
- Noisemakers such as vuvuzelas, drums, bull horns, thundersticks, air horns, and whistles
Any attendee found to have violated the prohibited items list will be removed from GeeklyCon2022.
No functional weapons are allowed at GeeklyCon 2022. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by Masquerade Officials. Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood, or other light materials and receive approval by GeeklyCon 2022, and comply with the following:
- All costume props and weapons must conform to state and federal law
- Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips
- Projectile weapons must be rendered inoperable
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn
- A Matey will escort you to the Prop Desk for inspection if your weapon prop is not tagged
For safety reasons, segways, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, and bicycles are not allowed inside the Holiday Inn Downtown Rochester.
Need to stop and rest? Please be aware of where you take a seat. By order of the fire marshal, sitting in aisles and laneways is not allowed.
Smoking and Drug Use
The Holiday Inn Downtown Rochesterr is a non-smoking facility. There are designated areas outside the building where smoking and vaping are permitted. No smoking at GeeklyCon 2022 includes traditional cigarettes, pipes, cigars, or e-cigarettes and any vaping product or device. You are welcome to step outside to smoke in designated smoking areas only, but please be considerate of others when you do.
Similarly, the use of illicit drugs or substances is prohibited on the premises.