Board Game Library times
- Thursday: 12pm-6pm*
- Friday: 10am-6pm*
- Saturday: 10am-6pm*
- Sunday: 10am-4pm*
*The boardgame library will be open until midnight each day, but the convention game access will not be manned after the above listed hours
We know that the game room is a big part of GeeklyCon. There is always something going on so it’s an easy place to just drop in whenever you have some free time and want to hang out. It’s where you will meet new friends and hang out with people from Twitter or a previous GeeklyCon. And it’s where we hope that you’ll have a ton of fun playing games!
Here is an update on some of the things going on in the Game room for 2023!
COVID 19 Policies and Procedures
Following local mandates, GeeklyCon 2023 no longer requires proof of vaccination or face masks. In an attempt to allow those that are uncomfortable with these policies, we will be setting aside a masked breakout room that attendees may use for their gaming purposes.
Game sign out
- Your GeeklyCon badge will have a unique barcode that will allow you to sign out and return games from the boardgame library. In addition to helping to ensure all games return home to the library, this will inform how we build the library for future events.
- The Play to Win selection is back again this year. Sign out one of these games and add your name (and the other players’ names) to the form included in the box. We will randomly select a winner from these names on Saturday night (winners must be in the boardgame library at this time to win)!
- We will NOT be using a sign out system for games brought in by attendees. We LOVE the spirit this brings to GeeklyCon, but we don’t have sufficient resources to supervise the game room for all available time periods. You may leave games for others to play, but GeeklyCon will not be held responsible for missing games or game pieces.
- You may leave games for others to play, but GeeklyCon will not be held responsible for missing games or game pieces, nor signing out these games. GeeklyInc will not be responsible for attendee games. If you don’t feel comfortable leaving your games in the designated attendee game area, we suggest keeping them in your room, or taking advantage of the GeeklyCon library we have on hand!
The Game Room will have at least one Crew present every day until 6pm to sign out games from the GeeklyCon library and help with any questions you might have. The room itself will also be open until midnight to allow attendees a large, table-filled space to play their own games and congregate.
House Cup Board Game Challenge
- Each day there will be a list of challenges that you can complete for House Cup points, these include things like ‘Play a game with meeples’, ‘Play a horror-based game’, and ‘Play a game with a robot on the box’.
- When you return a game if it has completed one of these challenges then you will be awarded a House Cup point, anyone in your gaming party can get the point but they need to be present when the game is returned.
- Only one point will be given per game, (example: playing a horror game that uses meeples and has a robot on the box will only give you 1 point.)
- We hope that this encourages people to play games that perhaps they usually wouldn’t, and some of the challenges offer a great way to meet new friends.